As a dog parent, you may want to bring the furry theme to your Halloween party this year. However, throwing a dog Halloween party is much different than you might know. And there are some essential tips you should take note of ahead such as dog costumes, dog games, and even safety issues to make sure the party runs smoothly.
Here are a few suggestions you can take a look at to check whether they are all on your preparation list yet. If not, you’re welcome to make the best use of it.
Let’s get started!
Ideas for Dog Halloween Party Decorations
It wouldn’t be Halloween without decorations for either your house or the main character as well. Since this is a dog Halloween party, the decorations should be more specific and tone the theme of the party.
Costumes for Dog themed Halloween Party
If your dogs are easy and have no problem with wearing costumes, you’ll find it so much easier to pick the favorite outfit for them. However, some costumes’ accessories such as capes, or wigs may affect your dogs’ vision, movement, or even breathing.
The solution for those problems, and especially, for dogs that don’t like to wear complex costumes is to get them something simpler. A cool dog bandana will be perfect for this situation.
Personalized Dog Canvas for Dog Halloween Party Decorations
One of the great ways to express the beautiful bond between you and your dogs is hanging a lovely canvas that says the best of it. With personalized canvas, you can bolden the dog-theme Halloween party, and bring more surprises for your guests.
With these meaningful canvases, hanging them in your bedroom as normal house decorations, or putting them in the living room where your fantastic dog Halloween party happens all make sense.
Announce About Your Dog Halloween Party With Personalized Metal Sign and Flags
Outdoors decoration plays a vital role in the success of a Halloween party. And to complete the whole concept of a dog-themed Halloween party, these personalized metal signs or flags will brighten up your house front sight on Halloween day.
Thanks to those signs and flags, your guests will understand immediately “who” actually rules the house, and “whose” this Halloween party belongs to when walking to your house.
Giving Out Irresistible Treats For Your Dogs
To make sure your dogs and dog guests have a great time at the party, you need to have a list of fun games and good treats prepared ahead. Of course, most of the games will just be for your dogs to play along, but the food and treats should serve well for both people and canines entering the party.
Halloween Games for Dogs
There are some interesting games where you and your guests can have a great time watching the dogs showing their cuteness.
- Trick-or-treat: This is a great chance for you to show off what tricks your dogs can do. And even make a little competition among them to see who can do the most trick in the group to get the yummy treat prize.
- Hide-and-seek: You and your guests can hide all the dogs’ favorite toys around the house and let them find where they are. Who can find out in the shortest time will win.
- Indoor playground: You can make a small playground somewhere in the house and let all the dogs from your guests play along together. You may need to provide some toys and treats in there for them to entertain.
- Catwalk for Dogs: As you’re throwing a dog Halloween party, let the dogs be the main characters here. To do this, you need to create a red carpet path where all the dogs will walk on it proudly with the costumes or bandana they are wearing for the party.
For more ideas, check out our Halloween Party Game for Pets article to bring more fun for the party.
Don’t let the dogs and your guests be dehydrated when they are too focused on the games. Tasty drinks or water should always be available in noticeable areas for your guests and dogs can have a sip whenever they need it.
And your main characters of the party will appreciate it a lot if there are some bones, chews, chip rolls around the house. You should pick those products that are digestible, contain no wheat, soy or corn to make sure every dog can enjoy them safely.
To wrap up the beautiful party, prepare some small dog-themed Halloween bags filled with some cute toys and treats and send them to canines owners who come to your party.
Halloween Safety Tips You Should Know Ahead
The party is a wonderful gathering of people and pets to have an exciting time together and have a big blast. Hence, for an integrant dog Halloween party, just keep in mind some following common sense safety tips.
- Get all the glow sticks, candles, electric decorations, raw corns, and pumpkins out of pets’ reach.
- Have a little separate environment for your guests to take a break from pets and may have a little more private conversation with other guests.
- Set certain boundaries for children and pets by making some small fences to make a fixed playground for the dogs.
- Provide pets with water bowls as well as a place where they can “relieve” themselves.
For more helpful tips, you can check out our article about how to have a safe Halloween celebration with pets.